10 ways to beat the heat this Summer.
1. Shower – Take a shower as early as possible in the day. Take a shower when you return home. Try taking a shower before you go to sleep. If you have sensitive hair use a shower cap.
2. Bath – Use a bath oil in your bath water, try to use a similar fragrance for your other products like body splash.
3. Soap – Clean away the dirt and sweat with a mild anti bacterial soap. Don’t forget to use face wash for the excess oil and sweat on your face. Try using a foaming face wash to reduce oiliness.
4. Drink – Have a small bottle of water with you at all times so you can sip it. Avoid chilled water, carbonated drinks and alcohol. Try some fruit juice like mango or water melon with some ice cubes.
5. Greens – Try to increase the intake of salads, with lettuce, onion, cucumber etc.
6. Sunscreen – Never miss wearing sunscreen. Don’t forget about your feet and legs. Carry a travel pack for re application.
7. Wipes- Carry wet facial wipes for instantly refreshing your face. Use non alcohol based wipes. Carry refreshing facial spray that can cool you off and leave a lingering perfume.
8. Fragrance – Layer your fragrance with bath oil, after bath spray, moisturizer, perfume. Avoid deodorant with alcohol, it dries your skin.
9. Moisturize – Don’t ignore moisturizer in summer, your skin still needs it. Don’t use the winter product in summer. Get a light and fragrant moisturizer meant for summer.
10. Cover – Carry umbrella or hat. Use cotton stole, scarf etc to protect hair and face from the Sun, heat, dust and pollution.
And don’t let the Summer get the better of you.