Psst#11 5 tips to dress to beat the heat in Summer
- If you spend a lot of time out in the Sun for your work wear full sleeves they protect your skin better. Same goes for covering your legs. Unless you are willing to lather yourself up every 2 hours with sunscreen it is better to wear covered bottom wear. Choose loose bottom wear instead of skinny fit.
- Carry a Stole/Scarf/Hat/Cap to cover your head and face to prevent heat exhaustion. Wear shades or sunglasses to protect your eyes. Stick to lighter colors, whites, pastels and shades of blue, yellow and green. Don’t be afraid to try patterns in your garments. Try wearing Shirts with lighter shaded Chinos which will be more comfortable in Summer.
- Wear Cotton garments instead of other materials. Linen also works very well for Formalwear in Office.
- Change your socks everyday if you wear formal shoes. Air your shoes after your return home. If your feet sweat use a foot spray to keep them odor free. If you wear leather shoes use a colorless cream polish to keep the leather from drying out and cracking.
- Don’t forget to wear deo before leaving home. Do not spray the Deo on your cotton clothes, it will leave a patch and weaken the threads of the garment. Try to wear citrus notes in your perfume or cologne.
I hope these help.
Do write in for any tips you may have in the comments section.