Yes it has been over a month and I haven’t posted anything here. Why? Well, because I seem to work well under confining circumstances better and for some reason the my attention span is almost similar to a gold fish. The rate at which I get bored with something is only proportional to the rate at which I find something new to indulge in.
The result is a blog that has many categories but not enough posts to cover them all. I plan so many regular, recurring topics yet I barely manage to write for even half a month. That’s what I have noticed about my writing, ever since I took up this challenge of writing 100 posts on my blog.
There, now I have written out my confession about being a poor blogger and I feel much better.
But keeping in mind that I want my posts to follow some degree of structure in its selection of content, this post is not done yet. Let me add a few keynotes to bring you up to date with what fun things happened & I didn’t blog about them out of sheer laziness. Confession time!
The 13 things that happened while I wasn’t blogging:
1. I got a hair cut for 99 INR, can you beat that! It was cheap & fabulous.
2. I caught someone when they tried to recycle a gift to me.
3. I met up with someone who I pretty much ignored and didn’t care about during the time we actually were hanging out in the same group.
4. I was gifted a huge number of paintings by an acquaintance because apparently I seem to like painting.
5. I went on a vacation, got sick on the way & then it was all pretty much downhill from there.
6. I have been using the privacy settings on FB at maximum, weeding out the unwanted stuff on my newsfeed, its less irritating that unfriending someone and then having to re friend them or write long explanations on messenger because every body has thin skin.
7. I purposely refused to like pictures posted by some folks because it seemed entirely futile after they had about 30 odd likes withing an hour of posting that pic. I think I would like my ‘like’ to count.
8. I found out leather or faux leather does not survive 2 winters without adequate moisturizing and care. I cried.
9. I replaced my loss of the said leather product in about 24 hours. That shows how unattached I am to material things.
10. I brought back a mother load of music CD’s and DVD’s to stock up on entertainment & my broadband is making me deliriously happy as I grab more and more illegal , pirated content off the internet.
11. My pet projects seem to have grown, they extend now into pottery painting, very distinctively different from sewing, crocheting, writing blogs, reading the full Christie series. I have also plunged head first into gardening. And no I have no formal training in any of the above, except what we learnt at school. Apparently, SUPW wasn’t ‘some useful period wasted’.
12. My health seems to be on the decline, so is my patience with people who are negative, who are too full of them, who are too normal, who are pretentious, who put on too much make up, who preen in front of DSLR’s, who carry DSLR’s everywhere they go, even when out for a dinner, who think fair means rubbing a lot of light colored foundation to look white as chalk, who post pics that are copyrighted, who post statements to defend the same pics, who think they are above middle class because now they have a penthouse in a tower, who pretend to be big shots in a small far off country…. I have been advised to have some vitamin supplement and some antacid to take care of the recurring headaches. Oh and use FB filter of “I don’t want to see this’.
13. I have grown a year older, that doesn’t suck as much as it did last year. But the problem persists, I do not feel like my age, illness and creaking joints aside.
There I am all done, playing ‘catching up’, now, onward to more serious things.